Wednesday, February 26, 2014

THE INNER CHILD

The autumn leaves of my journey
each leaf represents a step in my journey,
a miracle, insight, a friendship or living our
potential





Have you ever walked into a room and felt completely comfortable without realizing why? I have such a room……
I actually spend very little time there except to sleep and get dressed, but it still is my favorite room.
I expressed myself in the way I chose to decorate it to fit my personality and did so without realizing it on a conscious level. I did not have to please anybody but myself in the colors I chose or what kind of furniture I liked.  Without fail every time I walk into that room I say to myself, gosh, I love this room. The room faces the South and so it has an abundance of sunshine and warmth. The pictures I chose are a variety of subjects. I love pictures of the Saviour and have one that a friend painted and signed. I also love hangings that portray men and women who lived in the early 1900, dressed in gorgeous clothing and hats and parasols.  I am an avid lover of beautiful flowers and have several pictures with different varieties and colors. One such picture is of different stages of a budding flower to the full blossom.  Upon waking up one morning my eyes glanced over to these  pictures and I thought to myself, I wonder how much are we like those budding flowers, and what stage am I in. 

“A flower bud is an undeveloped or embryonic shoot and normally occurs in the axil of a leaf or at the tip of the stem. Once formed, a bud may remain for some time in a dormant condition, or it may form a shoot immediately. Buds may be specialized to develop flowers or short shoots, or may have the potential for general shoot development. The term bud is also used in zoology, where it refers to an outgrowth from the body which can develop into a new individual.”

As children we begin life like a bud with the potential to become that beautiful flower, full of life and innocence. When we are raised in a nurturing loving environment we grow and mature to our fullest potential, living happy content lives. Living in an environment contusive to learn and growing up strong and healthy.
When we are raised in an environment that is not loving and nurturing, our inner child will remain for some time in a dormant condition, we will withdraw and shut down waiting for the time for the warmth and sun to shine in our lives, to develop into a new individual.

Olympics this year is a super example of being the best we can be, reaching our full potential. We may not be Gold metal Ice Skaters, but we are Gold Medal contenders in our own way.  What are the solutions that help us to want to push forward and letting our inner child out? 

  First of all, just having the potential to become a flower and remaining a bud is pretty lonely, our spirits want to soar and feel the wind at our back. We want to become something more than a bud, we feel the need to grow and become something larger than ourselves.  With that desire and goal is our first step. We will stop letting different individuals dictate who we are, surrounding ourselves with people who build, inspire and see the best in us. We stop constantly trying to please somebody who cannot be pleased, living in constant criticism, feeding there ego and vanity. Learning to make our own personal decisions that fit our personality.  Our Inner child wants to burst forth and laugh and smile and feel free. It takes work, but we can become that Gold Medal winner. Open that door to enrichment and a fuller life.

Always be fearless. 
Walk like a lion, talk like pigeons, live like elephants and love like an infant child. --Santosh Kalwar

Be A Warrior
You haven't yet opened your heart fully, to life, to each moment. The peaceful warrior's way is not about invulnerability, but absolute vulnerability--to the world, to life, and to the Presence you felt. All along I've shown you by example that a warrior's life is not about imagined perfection or victory; it is about love. Love is a warrior's sword; wherever it cuts, it gives life, not death. --Dan Millman

The Saddest Life of All
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. --Henry David Thoreau


No comments:

Post a Comment